2.19.2012

bathroom sparkle

Among all Sunday chores, cleaning the bathroom is by far my least favorite. Thanks to Martha Stewart, I have discovered the ultimate (green) cleaning formula for keeping my shower clean. To mix up this simple recipe, combine 1 part baking soda, 1 part dish soap (I love Mrs. Meyer) and 1 part water. Mix into a creamy white paste and apply to shower, tub and tile with a wet dish cloth. You will be amazed by how easily the soap scum and gross tub gunk just wipes away (no elbow grease needed). Just make sure to wash down all of the surfaces after you are finished or the baking soda will leave behind a white powdery residue. I dare you to try this for yourself!



And to keep your shower clean between cleanings, we spray down the walls daily (after showering) with pure white vinegar (kept in a spray bottle in our shower).

No comments: