3.11.2012

cat and mouse

Using the body of a felted sweater -- see post below -- I created this adorable mouse for my favorite furry friend.

Start with the body of a felted sweater. This one has been through the washer and dryer twice and has a thick, stiff texture that doesn't unravel when cut.

Each mouse has two sides, a bottom and a tail. The tail was cut from the seam of the sweater which was thicker than the body of the sweater.  I waited to cut the bottom until after I sewed the two sides together.

I used a matching gray yarn to sew the sides together, but you could also do this with a contrasting yarn. After the sides were together, I traced out the bottom piece. The tail was inserted 1/2" into the seam and reinforced with extra stitches.

Before closing up the bottom, stuff your mouse with wool scraps and catnip.

 The finished mouse is ready for playtime.




No comments: